Today is the big 3 – 0! I can’t believe it! Holy goodness I am 30, how is that even possible? I don’t feel a day over 21! Not kidding, I feel like I just turned 21. Heck I feel so much younger and more fun than I was then. I am a lot more relaxed and self confident, heck maybe that is more like 30 than 21 after all.
Here is the list again and what I have done so far:
1. Go to the spa and treat myself to a facial and a massage.
2. Spend a day in my PJâ€™s doing nothing but watching television, ordering take out, and just hanging out all by myself.
3. Spend an entire day unplugged. No phone, no internet, no email, and no FB! I know it is my birthday and I shouldnâ€™t do things that will make me crazy, but I think this is a good challenge! DONE! Just as hard as I expected. All day I wanted to update FB, check the internets, text, or email. I need to be better about this. I am way too connected. I need to live more in the moment and enjoy my surroundings!
4. Blog every day for 30 days (being unplugged one day will make me prepare and schedule a post for the day I am unplugged.)-Â Yeah not happening, but blogged a lot if that counts.
5. Skydive, Bungee Jump, Para Sail, or Hot Air Balloon (whichever one I can get the courage to do as I am not a fan of heights and yes I ride roller coasters but I scream and freak out every single time)
6. Buy an expensive bottle of wine and drink it, not save it. So this wasn’t expensive but it was my favorite wine from all of Napa. I really loved it and bought four bottles. I drank three while still in California and saved one for when I got home and a special occasion. The special occasion the night before my thirtieth! Holy crap I am going to be 30. That is crazy, crazy internets.
7. Hike in the mountains
8. Wild Women Weekend with the family.
9. Host a dinner party.
11. Go to dinner and a movie by myself.
12. Go to Napa with a bunch of friends. -Â Done and totally amazing!
13. Take my mom to dinner to celebrate the fact she is the main reason I am here
14. Watch the sunset on the beach and capture it in pictures. I did this on one of my last days in California. We drove to the coast and went to the ocean. We had lunch in a little seafood place on the water, went to the beaches where the seals come to mate from December until March, then drove down the coast and stopped to watch the sunset over the Pacific. It was amazing.
15. Unpack my apartment and donate everything I donâ€™t want or need to charity or Sara.**
16. Contact someone new.
17. Play music and have a dance party (this is something I already do a lot but figure I will go all out and document it).
18. Test drive a car I canâ€™t afford.
19. Learn to drive a manual car.
20. Eat something exotic â€“Â I donâ€™t know if this counts as exotic but it is something different and I tried it while in China Town in San Francisco. I tried this popular drink known as Bubble Tea. I had the frozen version and the flavor I tried was Lychee. Two new things at once. It was super sweet.
21. Call an old friend.
22. Perform a random act of kindness everyday for 30 days (and hopefully on a daily basis even after 30 days.) â€“Â I think I do a pretty good job at this
23. Sit in a coffee shop and work.
24. Get a manicure/pedicure. Done, I treated myself last week. It was amazing.
26. Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
27. Take a cooking class with a friend.
28. Buy the perfect pair of red heels.
29. Meet my best friendâ€™s baby, Brayden! Take lots of pictures of him and spoil him rotten the entire time I am at his house.Â -Â Yep so fabulous
30. Celebrate the big 30 at my favorite bar surrounded by family and friends. Family dinner tomorrow night, drinks with friends, and a big party in April. I can’t wait to celebrate 30!