1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I started running for the first time in my adult life.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t really make resolutions. However I have made some definite changes for the better.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Just about everyone I know. Two of my best friends, my cousin, and just about every person I went to high school with!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I was in France and England this past year. I did a ton of domestic travel in 2010 as well.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn’t have in 2010?
A serious relationship, I am ready.
7. What dates from 2010 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
The births of all the babies in my life, my brother’s death, the day I resigned from my Network Manager job to go out on my own and pursue my photography dream.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Leaving the corporate world and working on my photography business.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Worrying about things that I can’t control.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No thankfully not.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Plane tickets, lots and lots of plane tickets, my new camera, my computer, and all the things I need for this business. A few things I wanted as well.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom. She is amazing. Even surrounded with the tragedy of losing her youngest child she wakes up everyday with a positive outlook on life.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Sadly there was a person with horrific behavior that made me sad, but not depressed. However I try not to dwell on it and fill my life with positives.
14. Where did most your money go?
Bills, Business, Family, Friends.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My mom purchasing a beach house and that we get to spend more time together as a family. Life can’t get much better than that.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Good to be me, by Uncle Kracker and Kid Rock.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Richer: yes (in countless ways)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Eat better and exercised more.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about things I can not change or control.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Surrounded by my family. Filled full of love and fun. So very blessed.
21. Did you fall in love with 2010?
I began to fall in love with running. I know, complete craziness.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
The Kardashians! Really can not believe I admitted that.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
All the smut novels I read at the beach over the summer.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Country Music. Gah I am addicted more than ever.
26. What did you want and get?
To work for myself and I did.
27. What did you want and not get?
To fit back into my Prom Dress. I will fit in that dress in 2011.
28. What was your favorite film of 2010?
Eat Pray Love was a good movie. I didn’t really see a lot of movies.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29 and we got a ridiculous amount of snow.Â Like 25 inches and then the following week 25 more inches. Therefore I wasn’t able to spend it with my family and friends. I am hoping the big 30 doesn’t have the same snow problems. I am looking forward to a wild and crazy 30th birthday!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Falling in love.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2010?
I can rock the classics.
32. What kept you sane?
Family and Friends.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
The health care debate. Figure it out and make a decision already.
34. Who did you miss?
No one, I think I got to see everyone I love in 2010.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
Laura, the woman that took my position at the office. I still work with her a few days a week and she is beyond amazing.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Happiness is a choice. We are the only ones that can decide for ourselves if we want to be happy.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Everytime I am around my family and friends I just want to break out and sing the following:
These are my people
This is where I come from
Were givin’ this life everything we got and then some
It ain’t always pretty
But its real
It’s the way we were made
Wouldn’t have it any other way
These are my people
2011 is going to be amazing. I can’t wait to see what it brings.